Data Protection Information
Personal data, as defined by Article 4 (1) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) include all information related to an identified or identifiable natural person.
When you use this website, we process your personal data as data controllers and save them for the duration required to fulfill the defined purposes and legal obligations. The sections below provide further details about the data this involves, how they will be processed and which rights you have in this regard.
1 Scope of Application
This data protection information applies to data processing on all of our project websites of our project, as well as to all associated project service offers in the form of web utilities or mobile apps (hereinafter “Website” to facilitate readability), in each case whenever reference is made to this data protection information.
2 Name and Contact Information of Controller and Corporate Data Protection Office
Controller within the meaning of Art. 4 (7) GDPR:
Fraunhofer Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.
Hansastrasse 27 c,
80686 München, Germany
on behalf of its
Fraunhofer-Institut für Angewandte Informationstechnik FIT FIT
Fraunhofer-Institut für Angewandte Informationstechnik FIT
53754 Sankt Augustin, Germany
(herinafter referred to as Fraunhofer-FIT)
|Telephone:||+49 2241 14-2808|
|Fax:||+49 2241 14-3700|
The corporate data protection officer at Fraunhofer can be reached at the above-mentioned address in Munich, c/o Data Protection Officer or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to contact the data protection officer directly at any time with your questions concerning your data protection rights and/or your rights as data subject.
3 Personal Data Processing and Purposes of Data Processing
When visiting the website
You may access our website without having to disclose any details of your identity. The browser installed on your terminal device automatically transmits information to the server of our website (e.g. browser type and version, date and time of access) to enable connection with the website, including the IP address of your requesting terminal device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file and deleted after no more than 4 weeks.
Your IP address is processed for technical and administrative purposes regarding connection set-up and stability, to guarantee the security and functioning of our website and to be able to track any illegal attacks on the website, if required.
The legal basis for processing the IP address is Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest ensues from said security interest and the necessity of the unobstructed availability of our website.
We cannot draw any direct conclusions about your identity from processing the IP address and other information in the log file.
When using contact forms
We offer the option to contact us via a contact form provided on the website. This involves the following mandatory information:
- First and last name
- Email address.
We require your data to determine who sent the inquiry and to be able to answer and process it.
This data processing in response to your inquiry is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR.
We will delete the personal data collected by us using the contact form after your inquiry has been processed, unless statutory retention periods prohibit the erasure of your data.
When using the commenting function
Our website gives visitors the opportunity to leave comments on our web content. Your comments will appear with your name underneath the contribution, which triggered your comment.
If you want to use the commenting function on our website, we ask you to provide the following mandatory data:
- Name and
- Email address
Instead of your name, you may also use a pseudonym/alias. The process requires your email address to send your comment. However, we do not publish your email address together with your comment. We use your email address only to inform you of a reaction to your comment.
In addition, we save your IP address when you leave a comment on our website, which will be deleted after 4 Wochen. This storage period is required so that we can defend ourselves in liability cases against accusations of publishing illegal content.
The processing of data in the course of publishing online comments and user reactions is justified because it is in our legitimate interests to partake in an opinion and information exchange according to Article 6 (1) lit. f GDPR.
The personal data are processed for as long as the comment appears on the website. We will then delete the data.
When creating a user account
You can create a password-protected user account on our website.
Setting up the user account requires the following information:
- First and last name
- Valid email address
These data are processed in order to identify you as a user and create your user account.
To set up the user account, you must also enter a password you choose yourself. To access your user account, you will need to enter your email address and this password. In your user account, you can view the data saved in your user profile and change it at any time.
We process data at your request and for the purposes described by Article 6 (1) lit. b GDPR for the setup and usage of your user account and to meet the precontractual conditions. We will also use your email address for notification functions, if these are activated.
After your user account is deleted, your data will be deleted to prevent further use except if we are required pursuant to Article 6 (1) lit. c GDPR to observe a longer storage period due to retention and documentation obligations pursuant to tax and commercial law (in particular Se. 147 AO or if you have consented to longer storage pursuant to Article 6 (1) lit. a GDPR.
4 Transfer of Data
If we forward personal data collected through websites to processors, we will notify you in this data protection information regarding the respective data processing operation, citing the specific recipient.
Aside from that, we will only forward your personal data if
- you have given consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR,
- this is required pursuant to Article 6 (1) lit. b GDPR for the performance of a contract with you (for example forwarding to shipping companies for the purpose of delivering goods ordered by you, or forwarding payment information to payment service providers or credit institutions in order to process a payment transaction);
- there is a legal obligation for disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. c GDPR.
The recipients may use the transferred data for the above-mentioned purposes only.
Cookies store information associated with the specific device used. That does not mean that we can directly identify you.
The data processed by the cookies are necessary for the above-mentioned purposes to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser to not save any cookies on your computer or to display a notice before new cookies are saved. Completely disabling cookies may mean that you cannot fully use all functions of our website.
6 Rights of the Data Subject
You have the following rights:
- pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to withdraw your consent at any time. This means that we may not continue the data processing based on this consent in the future;
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, to obtain access to your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, and the envisaged period for which the data will be stored. Moreover, you have the right to request rectification, erasure, or restriction of processing, to object to processing, the right to lodge a complaint, and to obtain information about the source of your data if they were not collected by us, as well as about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about the logic involved;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to obtain the rectification of inaccurate data or the completion of your personal data without undue delay;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to obtain the erasure of personal data saved by us unless processing is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of the personal data, or if we no longer need the personal data while you still require it for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims, or if you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit those data to another controller and
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Generally, you may contact the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or the registered offices of our organization.
Information on your right to object pursuant to Art. 21 GDP
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. e GDPR (data processing carried out in the public interest) and Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR (data processing for purposes of legitimate interests).
If you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If your objection is directed against the processing of data for the purpose of direct marketing, we will stop the processing immediately. In this case, citing a special situation is not necessary. This includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
If you would like to assert your right to object, please send an email to email@example.com.
7 Data Security
All your personal data are transmitted in encrypted format, using the widely used and secure TLS (Transport Layer Security) standard. TLS is a secure and proven standard that is also used, for instance, in online banking. You will recognize a secure TLS connection by the additional s after http (i.e., https://..) in the address bar of your browser or by the lock icon in the lower part of your browser.
In all other regards, we use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulations, partial or complete loss, destruction, or the unauthorized access of third parties. We continuously improve our security measures in accordance with the state of the art.
8 Timeliness and Amendments to this Data Protection Information
The further development of our website and the products and services offered or changed due to statutory or regulatory requirements, respectively, may make it necessary to amend this data protection information. You may access and print out the latest data protection information at any time from our website.